Friday, April 8, 2011

Fooling around with some springtime designs

I wanted to decorate a few cupcakes I made tonight in some fun, whimsical, springtime designs. So.....I broke out the mixing bowl and made a batch of Vanilla Buttercream. Then I went to town tinting all different colors. I already had some orange and yellow from yesterday's adventure in making my cupcake bouquet, but I really wanted to work with some new colors. I had seen a blog post the other day by someone who had done cupcakes for a bridal shower in Tiffany teal. What an awesome shade!! I checked my collection of gel colors, and sure enough, there was the teal. (Funny, I don't remember buying it.) So, I mixed it into some white, et voila, Tiffany teal. (Or is it Tiffany blue?? IDK)
As you can see from the picture, I really like the blue! lol
But, I also had fun making those little bunnies. They are just too cute for words. The body and head are done in tip 12, the feet (paws) in tip 3 or 4, the nose in tip 2 or 3, the eyes are just a touch of black food coloring on a toothpick, and the ears are snips of marshmallow. Aren't they precious?

It's gonna be 70 degrees here on Monday. I'd say spring has arrived!

Wouldn't these cuppies look wonderful on your Easter table?? SweetCakes is taking orders for Easter now.

No comments:

Post a Comment