Friday, April 15, 2011

Groovin'

I had a yen to try those Rainbow cupcakes you see all over the blogs these days.


They just look so awesome and festive.



And what's better, they really can't come out wrong.

I mean, really, what's easier?

Use your favorite white cupcake recipe, divide the batter into 4 bowls, and add your colors of choice.

I suppose you could do as many colors as you wanted, but there's such a thing as TOO much of a good thing. I mean, really, you don't want the colors running together, and there being very little distinction between them.

I chose fuschia, yellow, orange, teal and violet for mine. (Yes, I went with 5 cuz I couldn't decide!!)


They looked so adorable when they came out of the oven.


And decorated, they looked even better. For my frosting, I used the Creamy Vanilla Frosting from the Magnolia Bakery. I just looooooove that stuff. I swear, I could eat the whole bowl if I could.

Anyway, I couldn't wait to slice one open.

As they say nowadays, way cool. (Or is that sooooo 90's?)


Our newest addition to the SweetCakes family. "The Psychedelic Shack".......(what can I say, I'm stuck in the 60's!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment