Thursday, September 29, 2011

My babies

No, I didn't make cookies that look like my children (although I've thought of it!! :-)). Instead, I'm talking about my 4-legged babies, Aries and Nikki.

Nikki is on the left, and Aries on the right. It's hard to get a good photo of them!



To be honest, Aries is my son's dog, and Nikki (his daughter) is kinda-sorta my dog. Although, I share her with my own daughter on occasion.
Awww, a boy and his dog!! :-)
Aries is a long-haired Dachshund, and Nikki is half Doxie, half Bichon. (She looks nothing like a Bichon, dontcha think?)

Anyway, in my latest order from Karen's Cookies, I got the most adorable Dachshund cutter, along with a fire hydrant cutter. After all, how can you make dog cookies without a fire hydrant??

I had to make these right away. It was imperative, it was a necessity, it was a sugar and flour situation!!!So, I made the dough, baked them, and flooded them with brown icing (I use the "Sort Of" royal icing by The Decorated Cookie):


Then I dressed them up with some sweaters, and cute bows for Nikki, and they ended up like this:


And like this:



I think they're kinda cute!!! But not as cute as my love bugs!!!!!!!!!!
Love and Sweetness,

Laurie

1 comment:

  1. Sweet pictures! Your cookies are adorable and I love that you put different little sweaters on all of them.

    ReplyDelete